• Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has announced that Michael J. Osnato, Jr., former chief of the complex financial instruments unit of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s enforcement division, will join the firm as a partner and a member of the firm’s government and internal investigations practice.
• Eckert Seamans welcomes Geraldine A. Cheverko as a partner in the firm’s financial services litigation practice, and Timothy P. Coon as a partner in it’s litigation division.
• Kevin Matz has joined Stroock & Stroock & Lavan as a partner in the firm’s personal client services group. He comes to Stroock after maintaining an independent practice for eight years.
• Jacqueline C. Charlesworth has joined Covington & Burling in the firm’s intellectual property rights and media and communications practices. She most recently served as general counsel and associate register of copyrights at the U.S. Copyright Office.
• Karen Veronia DeFio joins Tully Rinckey as a partner in the firm’s trust and estate planning practice.