• Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel has named Jamie Kocis as partner in its corporate practice. She had been special counsel at the firm.
• Claudia Simon joined Schulte Roth & Zabel as a partner in its mergers and acquisitions securities group. She previously was a partner at Paul Hastings.
• Covington & Burling has promoted Jenna Wallace to partner in its corporate practice. The firm also hired David Schwartzbaum as a partner in mergers and acquisitions. He had been a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig.
• David Feldman joined Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart as a shareholder. He had been a partner at Moses & Singer and chaired the firm’s wage and hour practice group.
• Proskauer Rose announced that Monica Arora is now a partner in the firm’s private investment funds group. She had been a partner at White & Case.
• Assistant District Attorney Ed Purce has left the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office after 18 years to work for the Bronx District Attorney’s Office in trials.
• Blodnick Fazio & Associates has announced that Philip Bernstein will join the firm as of counsel. He will maintain his solo practice, PM Bernstein PC in Garden City.
• Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel has added Virginia Trunkes as a partner and Patricia Feldman as counsel. Trunkes was previously with Ganfer & Shore while Feldman served as in-house counsel to Newcastle Realty Services.
• White & Case has elected the following 10 attorneys to partner status: Raymond Azar, project finance; Michael Deyong, mergers & acquisitions; Binoy Dharia, banking; Steven Gee, tax practice; Kim Haviv commercial litigation; Bibiana Jaimes, capital markets; Thomas MacWright, financial restructuring and insolvency; Damien Nyer international arbitration; Kerry O’Rourke Perri, private clients; and Andrew Weisberg, capital markets.