• Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison has added Elizabeth Sacksteder as a partner in its litigation department, focusing on complex litigation and regulatory matters. Sacksteder is the former deputy general counsel and global head of litigation and regulatory investigations at Citigroup Inc.
• Arnold & Porter has added Alexander Shaknes as a partner in its litigation group. Shaknes was a partner at Winston & Strawn.
• Bingham McCutchen has added David Miller as a partner in its white collar investigations and enforcement group. He was formerly an assistant U.S. attorney in the Southern District.
• Nelson Levine has appointed Kevin Toth as executive vice president and chief operations and strategic officer, working out of Philadelphia and New York. Toth will represent clients in regulatory matters and institutional business practices. He was senior regional vice president for Harleysville Insurance.
• Ballard Spahr has brought on consumer financial services attorney Peter Cubita, who served as in-house counsel at Ally Financial Inc., and Michael Pollack, who joins as counsel from Ashforth Co. in Stamford, Conn., where he was senior vice president and general counsel.
• New York Power Authority trustees elected Justin Driscoll as executive vice president and general counsel. He will serve as chief legal officer of the statewide public power utility. He was a partner at Brown & Weinraub.
• Legal Services of the Hudson Valley has hired Rachel Chazin Halperin as deputy director. She previously worked at HELP USA as the executive director of domestic violence programs. The organization also hired Marian Genio as pro bono director. Most recently, she has been with the Pace Women’s Justice Center, counseling victims of domestic violence.