- Warner Music Group executives, Trent Tappe and Maryrose Maness, have each been promoted within the company. Tappe was named SVP, deputy general counsel & chief compliance officer. Maness was named SVP, deputy general counsel.
- Elizabeth Gardner has joined Robins Kaplan in the firm’s intellectual property and technology litigation group as a partner. She joins from Orrick.
- Proskauer has promoted Harris Mufson and Paul Polking to partners in New York. The firm also promoted Julia Alonzo, Aliza Cinamon, Steven Porzio and Simon Sharpe to special counsel.
- Perkins Coie has announced that former U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission division of enforcement counsel Kari Larsen has joined the firm’s blockchain technology & digital currency industry group and investment management practice.
- Christian Gloger has joined Kleinberg Kaplan as a partner. He was previously with Schulte Roth & Zabel.
- Geoffrey Sant has joined Pillsbury as a litigation partner. He was previously a partner at Dorsey & Whitney.
- Pashman Stein Walder Hayden has hired trial attorney Joseph D’Avanzo as managing partner of the firm’s Westchester office to lead the firm’s New York office in Purchase He was previously a member of the White Plains-based law firm Ledy-Gurren, Bass, D’Avanzo & Siff.
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan has added Colleen Tracy James as a partner. She joins from Mayer Brown.
- Rupa Briggs has joined White & Case in the firm’s global capital markets practice as partner. She joins from Shearman & Sterling.
- Freeborn & Peters has hired Robert Frucht as a partner in the firm’s corporate practice group. Prior to joining, he was a partner with Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti.
- New York Law School has named New York City Criminal Court Judge Marc J. Whiten as special advisor to the Dean. Judge Whiten’s judicial appointment ends on December 31, 2018. As special advisor, Whiten will chair NYLS’s judicial clerkship committee and lead an expanded effort to connect NYLS students to positions in the judiciary.
- BakerHostetler has hired Adam Gale to co-lead the firm’s investment funds team. He was previously with Mintz Levin.
- Phillips Nizer has added corporate transactional attorney Edward Schuder as a partner. He was formerly general counsel and executive vice president of licensing at Steiner Sports, a sports memorabilia company.
- Daniel Doron has joined McDermott Will & Emery as partner in the firm’s employment practice group. Previously he was a partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman.
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner has elected Will Brodsky and Courtney Peterson to partnership in the firm’s New York office, effective Jan. 1, 2019
Viral videos in 2018 have captured not one, but two, New York City lawyers directing racially charged comments at bystanders.
And other announcements of recent hirings and promotions of New York attorneys.
CourtNotes, offered exclusively by the New York Law Journal, is a comprehensive listing of news and updates from the Federal, State and Appellate Courts. CourtNotes is updated on a daily basis to bring you the most current information happening in the New York Courts today.
Presented by BigVoodoo
More from ALM
With this subscription you will receive unlimited access to high quality, online, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry. This is perfect for attorneys licensed in multiple jurisdictions or for attorneys that have fulfilled their CLE requirement but need to access resourceful information for their practice areas.
Our Team Account subscription service are for legal teams of four or more attorneys. Each attorney is granted unlimited access to high quality, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry along with administrative access to easily manage CLE for the entire team.
Gain access to some of the most knowledgeable and experienced attorneys with our 2 bundle options! Our Compliance bundles are curated by CLE Counselors and include current legal topics and challenges within the industry. Our second option allows you to build your bundle and strategically select the content that pertains to your needs. Both option are priced the same.
From Data to Decisions
Dynamically explore and compare data on law firms, companies, individual lawyers, and industry trends.
Exclusive Depth and Reach.
Legal Compass includes access to our exclusive industry reports, combining the unmatched expertise of our analyst team with ALM’s deep bench of proprietary information to provide insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
Big Pictures and Fine Details
Legal Compass delivers you the full scope of information, from the rankings of the Am Law 200 and NLJ 500 to intricate details and comparisons of firms’ financials, staffing, clients, news and events.
January 28, 2019 - January 31, 2019
New York, NY
Brings together all facets of the legal profession to address the key challenges facing the industry
GlobeSt. Philadelphia 2019
February 13, 2019
Connect with greater Philadelphia's elite commercial real estate professionals at the largest & longest running event in area.
Trust & Estates Litigation Forum 2019
March 07, 2019 - March 09, 2019
Annual forum for the world's leading trust and estate litigators.
Sponsored by: Burford Capital | March 05, 2018
[ON-DEMAND] Learn about financing structures and pricing and how it helps firms remain competitive.
Sponsored by Burford Capital | December 07, 2017
[ON-DEMAND] Join this webcast to learn what’s driving the five-fold growth of litigation finance and how it can improve your firm’s profitability.
Sponsored by RVM Enterprises Inc. | November 16, 2017
[ON-DEMAND] Join this webcast to receive an overview of the latest trends and uses for analytics in eDiscovery.
Associate Attorney - Litigation
Houston, Texas, United States
Job Summary: The Litigation Associate Attorney will have two to three years applicable experience and be a member of the Firm’s litiga...Apply Now ›
IP Associate – Trademarks/Copyrights/Transactions
Palo Alto, California, United States
Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, a global law firm with 47 offices, in 20 countries, is seeking an IP associate for our Northern California off...Apply Now ›
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ASSOCIATE
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Shipman & Goodwin LLP is seeking an associate to join our Employee Benefits practice in Hartford. Candidates should have three to seven ...Apply Now ›
LOWENSTEIN SANDLER LLP
LOWENSTEIN SANDLER LLP ANNOUNCESView Announcement ›
BRAFF, HARRIS & SUKONECK
IN MEMORIAM: Harold I. BraffView Announcement ›
PARRETT, PORTO, PARESE & COLWELL, P.C.
12/10/2018View Announcement ›
Connecticut Law Tribune
ALM Legal Publication Newsletters
Sign Up Today and Never Miss Another Story.
As part of your digital membership, you can sign up for an unlimited number of a wide range of complimentary newsletters. Visit your My Account page to make your selections. Get the timely legal news and critical analysis you cannot afford to miss. Tailored just for you. In your inbox. Every day.
Copyright © 2018 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.