VERUS LLC INTRODUCES CLAIMS PROCESSING SERVICES DEDICATED TO HELPING PLAINTIFF’S COUNSEL STREAMLINE ZANTAC® CENSUS PLUS CLAIMS
Feb 26, 2021 8:00 AM ET
Legal Newswire POWERED BY LAW.COMPrinceton, NJ (February 26, 2021) – Verus LLC, a litigation support service firm, has introduced a suite of Claims Processing Services dedicated exclusively to helping plaintiff’s counsel in the Zantac® Census Plus MDL.
“Verus’ new suite of Claims Processing Services designed to handle claims in the Zantac mass tort will help plaintiff’s counsel better focus on the specific details of the actual litigation by quickly identifying non-compensable claims and reducing any rework on compensable claims,” explained Verus Co-Founder and CEO Mark Eveland.
Specially, Verus’ claims processing services for those plaintiff firms representing claimants in the Zantac case include:
- Information Intake - Verus integrates directly with lead generators to ensure a quick handoff and rapid follow up with claimants to complete the CFP.
- Data collection - Verus then contacts claimants to collect their information and gather electronic signatures thru dedicated toll-free phone numbers, a project-specific email address, and texting and email branded for the plaintiff firm. Claimants can also enter their information on Verus’ user-friendly platform via their mobile or desktop device. Verus’ web portal then tracks all claimant information and streamlines the collection of drug usage and medical provider information, including the review of supporting pharmacy records and diagnostic reports.
- Medical record management and review - Verus’ team manages medical record orders and reviews them for diagnoses of the various alleged injuries or alleged cancers associated with Zantac/ranitidine usage to provide the proof of injury required in the litigation.
- Law Firm Approval - Workflow queues generated by Verus’ platform provide alerts when a claim form is ready for legal review before the final submission is uploaded to the court-appointed claims administrator.
“Verus can play a key role helping to identify non-viable cases so that attorneys can fine tune their case criteria early on in the process and save valuable attorney and paralegal resources that would have been otherwise spent on non-viable cases,” noted Dan Comunale, Director of Business Development.
Verus’ Proprietary Technology Streamlines Document Management, Communications
In addition to the claims processing services, Verus also provides:
- Efficient exchange of information between lead generators and the law firm’s own matter management system via API.
- Transparency afforded by interactive visual dashboards that provide meaningful insights into the status and progress of the claims.
- Post-submission claimant communication via an exclusive law firm-branded communication channel, customized to each firm that allows them to maintain claimants engaged in the cases even through multiyear litigations.
The Zantac Mass Tort Case
Zantac has been on the market since the 1980s – in both prescription and over-the-counter formulations. The OTC version is used to treat heartburn and acid indigestion. In its prescription form, it treats ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and erosive esophagitis. In April 2020, the FDA announced that Zantac contained traces of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a chemical impurity that has potential to cause cancer in consumers. The levels of NDMA found in Zantac were declared unacceptable because of NDMA’s health risk. Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline LLC, Pfrizer Inc, Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC, Sanofi US Services Inc., and Chattem Inc. are the named defendants in the pending multi district litigation.
For more information about Verus’ Claims Processing Services in the Zantac MDL, contact [email protected], by calling 855.516.7100 or visit: https://bit.ly/37KtiMY.
About Verus LLC
Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Verus LLC is a litigation support service firm that provides a full suite of services, including Case Management & Medical Review Services, Settlement Administration, Business & Advisory Services, and Analytics Services, to mass tort lawyers. Before founding Verus in 2003, the firm’s principals helped design some of the first-ever mass tort settlements and in the process, administered more than 450,000 asbestos personal injury claims and disbursed more than $6 billion in settlement funds and expenses. Since 2003, Verus has administered over five million personal injury claims and disbursed billions more in settlement funds. Today, Verus is fully engaged in providing litigation support services to law firms working on mass torts. The experts who work at Verus have years of experience in handling cases involving defective medical devices including IVC filters, hernia mesh and transvaginal mesh, and dangerous drugs, including Invokana, Taxotere, PPIs, Xarelto, Benicar and Zofran.
Verus employs over 100 U.S.-based attorneys, nurses, accountants, statisticians and claims adjusters, operations experts, and hardware and software engineers to help mass tort attorneys improve operating results and maximize recoveries for their clients. For more information, visit www.verusllc.com or contact them at [email protected].
Nina Dietrich, L.L.C.
Nina Dietrich, 201-493-8944
URL : http://verusllc.com/
Tags: ICN Internal Distribution, Extended Distribution, Legal Newswire, English, Zantac, plaintiff, Census Plus, Claims, mass tort, litigation support, claims administration