Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution: The personal touch
Two years' research into the skills, attributes and behaviours of effective commercial mediators has produced some interesting findings for mediators and users of mediation. Amanda Bucklow outlines her research, based on the experience of more than 2,000 mediations
About 2,700 years ago, the Etruscans started building the city of Rome. Originally emigrants due to famine in their homelands, they brought with them a wide range of skills in engineering, medicine, divining and the plastic arts (using materials that can be moulded or modulated in some way). Their understanding of medicine and health prompted their ingenuity in designing drainage and water delivery solutions. They favoured teamwork, collaboration and strong alliances.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651