• On Wednesday, the Support Center for Child Advocates is set to present its volunteers training workshop, “How to Handle a Child Abuse Case,” from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE Conference Center, Wanamaker Building, 10th floor, Suite 1010, Philadelphia. Register at www.pbi.org. For more information, contact Jodi Schatz at email@example.com or 267-546-9228.
• On Wednesday, HIAS Pennsylvania is scheduled to hold its annual Golden Door Awards Event from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Loews Hotel, 1200 Market St., Philadelphia. The keynote speaker is Steven Roberts, author, reporter and academic. Tickets can be purchased online at http://hiaspa.org/goldendoor2014.
• On May 6, the Pennsylvania Innocence Project is set to celebrate its fifth anniversary from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Kimmel Center, 300 S. Broad St., Philadelphia. The celebration will begin at 6 p.m. with a cocktail party catered by Jose Garces, continuing in the Perelman Theater at 7 p.m. with a program honoring Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey. For more information and to register, go to http://innocenceprojectpa.org, or go directly to the Kimmel Center box office at https://tickets.kimmelcenter.org/Cart/Cart.aspx?perf_no=22569.
• On May 9, Philadelphia VIP is set to present a pro bono CLE training on deed transfers from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Dilworth Paxson, 1500 Market St., Suite 3500E, Philadelphia. To register, visit https://phillyvip.org/content/training-registration-form.
• On May 13, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute is scheduled to present the Pennsylvania Bar Association pro bono seminar “Making a Difference 2014″ from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (a networking breakfast will be offered from 8 to 9 a.m. in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Mechanicsburg, Pa.). The morning session (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) will be presented live in Philadelphia at the CLE Conference Center, Wanamaker Building, Philadelphia, and simulcast to Mechanicsburg; the afternoon session (1 to 4:30 p.m.) will be presented live in Mechanicsburg and simulcast to Philadelphia. Online registration is available at www.pbi.org.
• On May 18, the Philadelphia Bar Association is set to host its 35th annual 5K run/walk to benefit the Support Center for Child Advocates at Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. On-site registration opens at 7:15 a.m. and the race starts at 8:30 a.m. Online registration is available at https://www.runtheday.com/registration/race_info/24009.
• On May 21, the SeniorLAW Center is set to hold its 2014 gala honoring older veterans from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at the Ballroom at the Ben, 834 Chestnut St., Philadelphia. The master of ceremonies will be Patrick Murphy, former congressman, Iraq war veteran and MSNBC host. For more information and sponsorship opportunities, visit www.seniorlawcenter.org or call 215-701-3203.
• On May 28, Community Legal Services’ 25th annual Breakfast of Champions is scheduled from 8 to 9:30 a.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Broad and Locust streets, Philadelphia. The event will honor community leader and philanthropist Alan M. Feldman with the 2014 Champion of Justice Award. To make a gift to the bar campaign or for more event information, contact Lisa Verges at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-981-3743. •