Paige Macdonald-Matthes joined Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel.
Macdonald-Matthes is a partner in the firm’s litigation department and resides in the firm’s Harrisburg office.
Elected and Appointed
Deborah M. Minkoff and Eric D. Freed were named vice chairs of Cozen O’Connor’s global insurance group.
Minkoff will serve as vice chair of administration for the group and Freed will serve as vice chair of strategic planning and trial team management for the group.
Paul D. Brandes, an equity partner at Villari, Brandes & Giannone in Conshohocken, Pa., was elected to the board of directors of the Pennsylvania Innocence Project.
Brandes is also a member of the board of directors of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young partner Steven B. Davis presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute program "Business Liability Insurance Issues for Corporate and Litigation Practitioners" in Pittsburgh on February 5 and in Philadelphia on February 19.
The course explored insurance products and risk management issues for businesses, how business insurance is negotiated, and how claims are managed.
Davis is chair of the firm’s insurance practice group.
Over the past few months, Williams & Hand attorneys participated in a variety of legal education events throughout the state:
• Elizabeth J. Fineman participated in the Bucks County Bar Association’s Family Law Tax Law Updates program.
• Kevin L. Hand, firm partner and former Falls Township police officer and deputy solicitor for the Pennsylvania State Police, served as a legal educator for the Pennsylvania State Police.
• Jessica A. Pritchard, firm partner, served as a panelist for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute program "Your First Support Case."
• Jeffrey M. Williams, firm founder and managing partner, co-presented a CLE course hosted by PBI titled "Family Law Practice in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties: The ‘Who, What, Where, When and Why’ of Family Practice in the Four County Area."
• Hillary J. Moonay, of counsel, served as a speaker for PBI’s "Slicing Up the Pie: Property Distribution in Pennsylvania" program.
Companion animal legislation drafted and proposed by Steven G. Bazil, principal of Bazil McNulty and longtime animal advocate, to Senator Andrew Dinniman, D-Chester, was introduced to the state Senate for consideration March 1.
The companion legislation would allow a pet owner to recover non-economic damages for the loss of a pet due to a third party’s intentional or unintentional act under certain circumstances.