istockphoto.com (Photographer: Nikita Sobolkov)
Texas Lawyer congratulates the 20 young lawyers chosen as its 2016 Lawyers on the Rise.
Our editorial department reviewed more than 100 nominations of attorneys 40 and under who have established a record of accomplishments and demonstrated that they are top contributors to the practice of law and their communities.
Below is the list of the 2016 On the Rise honorees:
1. Jonathan R. Childers, partner, Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst, Dallas
2. Francisco “Cisco” Rivero, partner, Reed Smith, Houston
3. Mehgan Wichuk, general counsel, Seadrill Americas Inc., Houston
4. Richard D. Salgado, partner, Dentons, Dallas
5. Avery Carson, senior attorney, Marathon Oil Co., Houston
6. Jennise Stubbs, partner, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, Houston
7. Jennifer Dulay Mizulski, attorney, Quan Law Group, Houston
8. David C. Schulte, partner, Thompson & Knight, Dallas
9. Jacob Cortez Esparza, partner, Legge, Farrow, Kimmitt, McGrath & Brown, Houston
10. Christopher R. May, partner, Simpson Thacher, Houston
11. Jason G. Cohen, partner, Bracewell, Houston
12. Jason D. Cassady, principal, Caldwell Cassady & Curry, Dallas
13. Aaron Streett, partner, Baker Botts, Houston
14. Shafeeqa Watkins Giarratani, partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, Austin
15. Mackenzie Martin, partner, Baker McKenzie, Dallas
16. Michelle A. Reed, partner, Akin Gump, Dallas
17. Brian Walker, owner, Walker Law Firm, Fort Worth
18. Gabriel J. Salinas, associate, Mayer Brown, Houston
19. Ramez Shamieh, managing partner, Shamieh Law, Dallas
20. Brittany Hightower, senior attorney, Texas Advocacy Project, Austin
Profiles of all our Lawyers on the Rise will appear in the September issue of Texas Lawyer magazine, and an event honoring their accomplishments will be held Sept. 13 at the Belo Mansion in Dallas.
Congratulations again to the amazing lawyers selected.