Texas Lawyer is proud to announce the winners of our 2015 Professional Excellence Award: Lifetime Achievers.
This list recognizes lawyers who have made their mark on the legal profession in the Lone Star State.
All of the honorees have had, or continue to have, extraordinary careers. The bottom line: They are all impact players in the Texas legal community.
Congratulations to this amazing list of lawyers.
The 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award honorees are:
- Carol E. Dinkins, partner, environmental and natural resources, Vinson & Elkins, Houston
- Cathy Lamboley founding member, Center of Women in Law at the University of Texas School of Law; retired senior vice president and GC of Shell Oil Company, Austin
- Charla Aldous, attorney, Aldous\Walker, Dallas
- Charles L. “Chip” Babcock, partner, Jackson Walker, Houston
- Dee J. Kelly, founding partner, Kelly Hart & Hallman, Fort Worth
- Dick DeGuerin, owner, DeGuerin Dickson Hennessy & Ward, Houston
- Ernest E. Smith, former dean, law professor, University of Texas School of Law, Austin
- Jerry K. Clements, partner and chair, Locke Lord, Austin
- Jim Harrington, director and attorney, Texas Civil Rights Project, Austin
- Joe Jamail, attorney, Houston
- L. Clifford Davis, of counsel, Johnson, Vaughn & Heiskell, Fort Worth
- Linda L. Addison, managing partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, Houston
- Michael M. Boone, partner, Haynes and Boone, Dallas
- Mike McKool, principal, McKool Smith, Dallas
- Nathan L. Hecht, chief justice, Supreme Court of Texas, Austin
- Richard “Racehorse” Haynes, criminal defense attorney, Houston
- Rusty Hardin, founder, Rusty Hardin & Associates, Houston
- Stanley G. Schneider, co-founder, Schneider & McKinney, Houston
- Stephen D. Susman, partner, Susman Godfrey, Dallas and New York
- T. John Ward, of counsel, Ward Smith & Hill, Longview; former U.S. federal judge, Eastern District of Texas
- Wallace B. Jefferson, former chief justice of the Supreme Court of Texas; attorney, Alexander Dubose Jefferson & Townsend, Austin
- Yvette Ostolaza, managing partner, Sidley Austin, Dallas
The Attorney of the Year Finalists are:
- Tony Buzbee, founder, The Buzbee Law Firm, Houston
- Daniel McNeel Lane Jr., partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, San Antonio
- Allyson N. Ho, partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, Dallas