Texas Lawyer is proud to announce the winners of our 2015 Professional Excellence Award: Lifetime Achievers.
This list recognizes lawyers who have made their mark on the legal profession in the Lone Star State. In addition, we have named three nominees for Attorney of the Year. The winner of that award will be announced at an event in Houston on Nov. 2.
All of the honorees have had, or continue to have, extraordinary careers. The bottom line: They are all impact players in the Texas legal community.
Congratulations to this amazing list of lawyers.
The 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award honorees are:
1. Carol E. Dinkins, partner, environmental and natural resources, Vinson & Elkins, Houston
2. Cathy Lamboley, founding member, Center of Women in Law at the University of Texas School of Law; retired senior vice president and GC of Shell Oil Company, Austin
3. Charla Aldous, attorney, Aldous\Walker, Dallas
4. Charles L. “Chip” Babcock, partner, Jackson Walker, Houston
5. Dee J. Kelly, founding partner, Kelly Hart & Hallman, Fort Worth
6. Dick DeGuerin, owner, DeGuerin Dickson Hennessy & Ward, Houston
7. Ernest E. Smith, former dean, law professor, University of Texas School of Law, Austin
8. Jerry K. Clements, partner and chair, Locke Lord, Austin
9. Jim Harrington, director and attorney, Texas Civil Rights Project, Austin
10. Joe Jamail, attorney, Houston
11. L. Clifford Davis, of counsel, Johnson, Vaughn & Heiskell, Fort Worth
12. Linda L. Addison, managing partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, Houston
13. Michael M. Boone, partner, Haynes and Boone, Dallas
14. Mike McKool, principal, McKool Smith, Dallas
15. Nathan L. Hecht, chief justice, Supreme Court of Texas, Austin
16. Richard “Racehorse” Haynes, criminal defense attorney, Houston
17. Rusty Hardin, founder, Rusty Hardin & Associates, Houston
18. Stanley G. Schneider, co-founder, Schneider & McKinney, Houston
19. Stephen D. Susman, partner, Susman Godfrey, Dallas and New York
20. T. John Ward, of counsel, Ward Smith & Hill, Longview; former U.S. federal judge, Eastern District of Texas
21. Wallace B. Jefferson, former chief justice of the Supreme Court of Texas; attorney, Alexander Dubose Jefferson & Townsend, Austin
22. Yvette Ostolaza, managing partner, Sidley Austin, Dallas
The Attorney of the Year nominees are:
• Tony Buzbee, founder, The Buzbee Law Firm, Houston
• Daniel McNeel Lane Jr., partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, San Antonio
• Allyson N. Ho, partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, Dallas