• DLA Piper has announced that Nicholas Kourides joined the firm’s insurance practice as senior counsel. Prior to joining, he served as senior vice president and deputy general counsel for AIG.
• James “Jim” M. Kramer has joined Simmons Hanly Conroy as a shareholder in the firm’s mesothelioma practice group. He most recently was a partner with Levy Konigsberg where he was the leader of that firm’s cosmetic talc litigation department.
• Katten Muchin Rosenman welcomes Kathryn von Matthiessen back as a partner in its trusts and estates practice. She first joined in 2000 and was promoted to partner in 2006. She rejoins from the Miami office of Cantor Group.
• Mintz Levin has added Sean Grygiel as a member in the firm’s intellectual property practice. He was previously a partner with Perkins Coie.
• Clara Krivoy has joined Brown Rudnick as a partner in the firm’s corporate and Latin America practices. She joins from Chadbourne & Parke where she was head of the Ibero-America private client practice.
• Jinho Alex Yim of Nixon Peabody has been promoted to counsel.
• Immigration attorneys John A. Quinn and Kristen Heckman have joined Jackson Lewis. Quinn joins as a principal, Heckman as an associate. Both were previously at Wormer, Kiely, Galef & Jacobs.
Have a move to announce? All potential items for “On the Move” should be addressed to Patricia Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org.