Law firms face new exposure to tax evasion charges as Criminal Finances Act nears go-live date
Partners warn firms will have to ramp up their due diligence efforts ahead of new legislation coming into force at the end of the month
City partners have warned that law firms must pay “very close attention” to who they do business with to ensure they do not fall foul of the new Criminal Finances Act, which will usher in a new corporate offence of failure to prevent tax evasion later this month.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651