Macfarlanes' Jessica Adam on mergers, female role models and client drinking
The corporate partner recalls all-night negotiations fuelled by beer and wine – at the client's demand...
London corporate partner Jessica Adam is this week’s Dealmaker, having acted for the chairman of London energy reporting agency Argus on the sale of a majority stake to US investor General Atlantic earlier this year. The deal, which valued Argus at around $1.45bn (£1bn), saw Macfarlanes join a host of magic circle firms to work on the transaction with a team led by Adam alongside fellow corporate partner John Dodsworth.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651