Banking, Finance or Restructuring Team of the Year
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer secures the Banking, Finance or Restructuring Team of the Year Award for the crucial role it played helping to secure the future of Spanish packaging giant La Seda de Barcelona. The judges were impressed by the evidence of client satisfaction, technical proficiency and innovation. A team of more than 30 lawyers from the restructuring, corporate, banking and dispute resolution teams, led by restructuring partner Richard Tett, advised on the restructuring of debt worth €1bn (£850m) by means of an English scheme of arrangement. It was the first time an English scheme had been used by a Spanish company and is being regarded as a potential template for future restructurings of non-English companies with English law debt.
WINNER: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651