US briefing: The long haul
Looking at the 2010 mid-year data reported to the Law Firm Group at Citi Private Bank by 187 US-headquartered firms in our latest survey, we can best describe the results as "shrinking toward profit growth". We see some bad news and some good news. During the first half of 2010, revenue was virtually flat and demand was down slightly, compared with the same period in 2009. Inventory grew by less than 1%. When we consider that these results are being compared to a weak first half of 2009, we can hardly describe this as a robust rebound. At best, we may have reached a bottoming out.
Citi’s Dan DiPietro and Gretta Rusanow review the US legal market at the halfway stage in 2010 and see challenges ahead
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651