The iPad - toy or tool?
With apologies to the missus, my three weeks with Apple's iPad have reminded me of my old dating days. There would be that instant attraction, some really good things in the mix, but all the while I'd be wondering - just where is this relationship going? The iPad is a terrific device - for certain tasks. It does a stellar job of playing video, with a crisp, vivid display that puts plenty of laptops to shame. It gets great battery life; ten hours or more on a charge. It provides surprisingly fast web browsing. And who can complain about a device that starts up at the press of a button? With the right apps - those specialised add-on programmes that have helped make Apple's iPhone the tech world's biggest recent phenomenon - the iPad will probably do a lot of things very well.
The year’s most talked about gadget, the iPad, can have a place in lawyers’ professional lives, says Alan Cohen
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651