The Daily Business Review, for a 13th consecutive year, is recognizing the legal accomplishments of dozens of South Florida attorneys with its Most Effective Lawyers awards.
More than 100 nominations were submitted, and attorneys were asked to show proof of positive results obtained for their clients, illustrating obstacles overcome and their impact on public policy and business interests.
The work of the winners will be featured in a special report to be published Dec. 11.
The categories and the honorees are:
- Bruce Berman, Julianna McCabe and Stephanie Fichera, Carlton Fields
- Elliot H. Scherker and Brigid F. Cech Samole, Greenberg Traurig
- Michael Goldberg, Akerman; Jeff Schneider, Levine Kellogg Lehman Schneider + Grossman; and Harley Tropin and Tucker Ronzetti, Kozyak Tropin Throckmorton
- Traci Rollins and Jason Joffe, Squire Patton Boggs
- Michael Marsh and Ryan Roman, Akerman
- Harold “Ed” Patricoff, Peter Levitt, Kristin Drecktrah Paz, Aleksey Shtivelman, Marcela Lozano and Kristina Candido, Shutts & Bowen
- Theodore Leopold, Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll
- Andres Rivero, Jorge Mestre, Charlie Whorton, Alan Rolnick and Amanda McGovern, Rivero Mestre
- Alejandra Lopez, Miami-Dade state attorney’s office
- Marc Seitles and Ashley Litwin, Seitles & Litwin
- Uriel A. Mendieta and Fernando Alonso, Hunton & Williams
- Jose Sariego, Jay M. Sakalo, Martin Schwartz and Anthony De Yurre, Bilzin Sumberg
- Stuart Grossman, Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen
- Ricardo Martinez-Cid and Lea Bucciero, Podhurst Orseck
- Justin Pearson and Ari Bargil, Institute for Justice
- Cristina Perez Soto, Jones Day
- Randall Berg, Florida Justice Institute
- Javier Lopez, Kozyak Tropin Throckmorton
- Martin Schwartz, Anthony De Yurre and Salome Bascunan, Bilzin Sumberg
- Steven Wernick, Akerman