A child can intervene in his parents’ marital settlement agreement to enforce a provision that directly benefits him, the Pennsylvania Superior Court has ruled.

A unanimous three-judge panel ruled Aug. 11 in Weber v. Weber that Michael Weber has standing to seek enforcement of a section of his divorced parents’ agreement that would require his father to pay his share of the expenses Weber incurred during undergraduate and graduate school. The decision vacated a ruling of the Crawford County Court of Common Pleas.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]