The merger machine: how Dentons puts the pieces together in tie-ups around the world
This year the world's largest law firm announced deals with three firms on three continents in just three months - but how does it put together these tie-ups so quickly?
Just as remarkable as Dentons’ size is the speed at which the mega-firm has grown. Global CEO Elliott Portnoy manages nearly 7,500 lawyers today – that’s almost 10 times the 800 lawyers he led at US firm Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal a mere seven years ago.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651