Hype vs consumption: a discussion from Legaltech New York
New technologies beg the question: Who’s really consuming the technology, or is Legaltech not really about purchase and consumption at all?
Technology comes and goes, challenging many practitioners who come to Legaltech in hopes of keeping pace with and comprehending the wealth of technological innovation. Even functionality that earns the most hype often demonstrates inconsistent adoption rates. This is often referred to as the consumption gap, which has been described by Steve Berrent, CEO of eMag: “Despite the sophistication of technology, most attorneys only use a small portion of the available functionality and do not maximize technology’s available functionality.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651