Cautious optimism reigns across industry as partners hope for economic bounceback
As the number of firms announcing redundancy consultations this week continued to rise – with news of widespread cuts at Berwin Leighton Paisner – new research from Legal Week has found a surprising degree of business confidence among partners in UK law firms. Results of the latest Big Question survey how that more than 90% of partners expect to see revenues climb at their own firm over the next 12 months, with more than 80% expecting the same to be true across the UK's 50 largest law firms by revenue as a whole. The research found more than half of respondents (53%) expect to see revenue at their own firm climb by more than 5% over the coming year, with a further 41% predicting more modest increases of between 0% and 5%. Meanwhile, only 6% of partners expect to see their firm's revenues fall.
Despite slump, more than 90% expect firmwide revenues to rise over next 12 months. Anna Reynolds reports
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651