International interest in UK mergers grows as City retains pulling power
The number of international law firms in London open to a UK merger has almost doubled over the past year, according to new research which highlights the sustained attraction of English law for firms with global ambitions. Legal Week’s annual survey of international law firms in London has seen the number of firms that would consider a UK merger rise from seven to 13, of which three – K&L Gates, Bryan Cave and Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr – said they would ‘definitely’ consider the option.
The number of international law firms in London open to a UK merger has almost doubled over the past year, according to new research which highlights the sustained attraction of English law for firms with global ambitions.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651