'Near-shoring' garners approval in the City
Nearly 60% of partners see relocating support teams to lower-cost regional centres in the UK or Europe as an attractive option, with even greater numbers predicting an increase in the number of law firms embracing 'near-shoring'. The results of Legal Week's latest Big Question survey show 59% of partners consider near-shoring to be either "very" or "considerably" attractive, with only 12% dismissing the concept altogether, claiming the saving is not worth the disruption.
Partners back moves to ‘near-shore’ to low cost regional markets, arguing that this option is more reliable than outsourcing, but respondents concede such moves send poor signals to support staff
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651