Outward bound - can Chinese giant King & Wood join the global aristocracy?
Wang Junfeng does not come across as an empire builder. Chatting in an office strewn with Chinese antiques in Beijing's Guomao skyscraper district, the 48-year-old chairman of Chinese law firm King & Wood sounds modest about where his firm stands relative to the big names from UK and America. "The legal society here really admires the US and UK professions," says Wang. "They have such a long history. And in the last 20 to 30 years, the foreign law firms here have really given a lot of support."
Chinese companies have a growing appetite for overseas expansion. Will they bring their law firms with them? China’s King & Wood doesn’t plan on being left behind. Anthony Lin reports
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651