Spotlight falls on LG as stellar year sets high bar for future
Fair or not, the news of impressive 2009-10 financial results from LG was met more with head-scratching than plaudits from the legal industry. With the firm raising its top line 7.6% to £64.9m while increasing profits per equity partner (PEP) 63.7% to £460,000, the question is: what is the secret formula of a firm that hasn't exactly been a pace-setter in recent years? Well, the firm's two highest growth practices in 2009-10 were finance and dispute resolution, with the former growing 38% to £4m and the latter growing 26.7% to produce revenues of £14.7m.
The £100m question is can LG sustain and build upon a pace-setting run in 2009-10?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651