A higher platform
Deciding to become an early adopter for Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system was one of those moments when all of the stars aligned. It was time to replace the hardware at Allen Matkins, and we wanted to improve the efficiency and administration of our technology environment as well as help our lawyers be more effective with 24/7 access to mission-critical tools. Windows 7 happened to become available at the right time, and the operating system performed as well as the marketing materials said it could. Allen Matkins is an entrepreneurial firm by nature, so this fact, coupled with our track record of choosing effective early solutions, made it relatively easy to gain firmwide approval.
Allen Matkins technology head Frank Gillman reviews his decision to become an early adopter of the new Windows 7 operating system
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651