Whatever else can be said of it, SJ Berwin could never be described as boring. The firm's brief history has been marked by frequent highs and lows, often punctuated by rapid growth followed by tougher periods. Now, as one of the most distinctive major law firms in the UK faces only the second recession in its 27-year history, there is no doubt the firm is wrestling with its fair share of lows as profits drop sharply.
With its business battered by the recession, SJ Berwin is facing the defining challenge of its brief history. Georgina Stanley and Sofia Lind report
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651