Offshore: Treasure islands
With the current state of the world economy you would be forgiven for thinking that it must be all doom and gloom in the global funds market. However, recent statistics for the Channel Islands funds industry show that while the islands are not immune to the global turmoil, the investment funds business may yet prove to be resilient to these trends.The statistics for both Jersey and Guernsey for the latter two quarters of 2008 show that while the growth seen a year ago is absent, the value of funds under management and administration in both islands has in general stabilised overall - a positive outcome in such volatile markets.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651