Morgan Lewis revenues up 8.5% despite tough year
Morgan Lewis & Bockius has posted increases in both turnover and profits for 2008, despite a slowdown in its corporate practice, reports The Am Law Daily. Gross revenue at the firm rose by 8.5% to $1.12bn (£756m) from $1.03bn (£695m) in 2007, while profits per partner increased by 1.4% to $1.45m (£979,000).While corporate work slowed, the firm's growth was buttressed by strong results in the labour and employment, energy, life sciences and drug industry practice areas.Morgan Lewis managing partner Thomas Sharbaugh said: "There is no question that this particular year, our breadth of practice areas acted as a hedge against the areas that are slower."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651