India - still an outsourcing haven?
India's outsourcing sector comprises both business process and IT outsourcing, and it has been growing at an annual rate of about 37% over the last few years. Growth has jumped from approximately $3.1bn (£2.17bn) in 2004 to nearly $11bn (£7.7bn) in 2008. Yet, despite such a strong market to protect, a senior Indian special forces source described the response to the Mumbai terrorist attack as having "far too many command centres, with each one trying to best guess the other, [leading] to confusion and delayed operations", adding: "there appears to have been a lack of detailed, precise planning".
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651