Partnership: There's no turning back
No interview. No test. No accounts. No business plan. No discussion. I simply emerged from two minutes in the headmaster's study with an invitation - or perhaps an instruction - to join the Allen & Overy (A&O) partnership.I believe I accepted, or obeyed, on the spot. I hesitate because what memory I had of the immediate impact of this new role was obliterated at the celebratory party at a senior partner's house where vodka-laced champagne cocktails caused me to fall into a group of partners' wives with an impressive domino effect. Partnership confirmed.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651