Bank duo call for staff to re-apply for jobs after merger go-ahead
Legal staff at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch have been asked to re-apply for their jobs, as the duo prepare to complete their tie-up in the new year. The two banks have a combined legal team estimated at around 700 lawyers - including those embedded in front office positions - and it is understood that every member is having to re-apply for their post. The move follows Bank of America's $50bn (£38bn) acquisition of investment bank Merrill in September.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651