Projects and energy: Nuclear is back
Nuclear power is soaring up the agenda. The Government has recently further elevated new nuclear build by establishing the Office of Nuclear Development (OND), while the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) has entered into various land acquisition agreements with nuclear utility developers and transferred ownership of Sellafield. The private sector has been busy too, with EDF Energy's £12.5bn takeover offer for British Energy. All this activity may appear rather disparate and unsynchronised, but when one lifts the various 'ministerial', 'commercial' and 'regulatory' veils, the picture becomes clearer.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651