Ex-Weil Gotshal man sets up own boutique
Former Weil Gotshal & Manges Paris banking partner Jonathan Nabarro has set up his own boutique. Nabarro, who left Weil Gotshal in March this year, has launched Nabarro Associes with long-term co-worker Jennifer Hinge. Hinge, who is also a partner in the venture, has worked with Nabarro as an associate for the last seven years, during which time he has been a partner with Weil Gotshal, Allen & Overy (A&O) and Ashurst.The pair focus on advising European and US banks, mezzanine lenders and private equity houses on financing leveraged buy-outs, public-to-private transactions, takeover bids and restructuring.Nabarro told Legal Week that the firm's strategy is to remain a boutique firm concentrating on debt and debt restructuring work.The firm has, Nabarro said, no intention of branching out into different areas. He maintained: "It is an intentional strategy to remain relatively small and keep it specialised. A lot of firms do not have such a practice, so we could gain referrals. The idea is to stay expert in a narrow field."Nabarro joined Weil Gotshal in December 2005 as a partner. Before that he spent just under two years as A&O's Paris leveraged finance head. Nabarro joined the magic circle law firm in early 2004 from Ashurst, where he spent eight years. Emmanuel Ringeval took on sole leadership of Weil Gotshal's Paris banking practice after Nabarro's departure.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651