Italy: All Gianni's boys
Last year's high-profile Gianni exodus underlined the mounting tension between Italy's select band of elder rainmakers and the new generation of talent. Dominic Carman reports on the battle of ideas raging within the profession "I do not think there is room in the Italian market for new independent, full-service law firms - there is a sufficient number already." When Francesco Gianni said this 18 months ago, he was at pains to add: "If you change your partnership agreement to reduce competition between partners in terms of profits, you create a more stable firm."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651