Editor's Comment: Actual best of British
A senior partner of a large firm asked recently why we don't do more to shout out about the success story of British law. Since we bang on about that theme quite often in these pages it seemed an odd observation, but on reflection you can see the point. Despite 15 years of solid growth from the UK economy, this nation is still not exactly over-burdened with business successes, even in the service sector which increasingly drives the nation. After all, the securities industry folded like a deck of cards when foreign entrants hit the market in the 1980s, yet arrogant investment bankers are not in short supply in the City.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651