Editor's Comment: Padded sell?
SJ Berwin scores own-goal with bonus scheme launch
Success, it would seem, breeds its own problems for the UK’s leading firms. Back in July, when we published the Legal Week UK Top 50, we warned that a combination of ever-higher equity partner-to-fee-earner leverage and an exceptionally tight legal market was stretching firms to breaking point. Well, some would argue that when firms start launching bonus schemes that effectively encourage assistants to bill 2,500 hours a year, such a point has well and truly been reached.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651