Career Clinic: Maternity is the mother of invention
In Legal Week's most popular Career Clinic to date, the debate over maternity leave rages on. Meanwhile, a City solicitor asks which non-law qualifications could help his career
I am a senior assistant at a US firm in London and am pregnant. Although, on paper, the maternity benefits package is very generous (up to 12 months on a mixture of full and half-pay) only partners seem to have taken more than four months. How much time should I take in order to keep my partnership ambitions on track?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651