Roger Parker: Riding the tidal wave of consolidation
Legal Week Reports
At Richards Butler, we have never compromised on quality or commitment to client service. Such laudable professional mantras do not however provide a mechanism against the tidal wave of consolidation and globalisation. Research that we evaluated established that over a 10-year period the impact of rationalisation by industry sector had been dramatic. In the banking sector, 28 major institutions reduced to eight, in pharmaceuticals 33 to 13 and among mid-tier law firms in London 16 to 11. Consolidation of clients and legal services providers has happened, is happening and will continue to happen. Three years ago we decided to embrace, not contest, what appears to be an inevitable and exciting trend.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651