Preparing for the aftershock
Asbestos-related claims have inflicted more damage on US industry than 11 September, Enron, WorldCom and Hurricane Andrew put together. And it looks like the wave of litigation is beginning to reach this side of the Atlantic. Nick Parsons reports
It was once hailed as a miracle product; it is now the curse of corporate America. The very word ‘asbestos’ has been sending shudders through the ranks of US corporate counsel for the past few years. It is believed that asbestos-related claims have inflicted more damage on US industry than 11 September, Enron, WorldCom and Hurricane Andrew combined.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651