A compromising position
As the Law Society moves to relax its conflict of interest rules to bring the UK more into line with its European counterparts, one European general counsel, Nino Cusimano, speaks out about the inequities of the continental system
Xavier, who is the senior competition counsel with a major industrial group, is a friend of mine. As such, we often share our thoughts and insights, as well as the occasional professional gossip. He recently told me a story about what happened to him while visiting his law firm’s glitzy downtown offices.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651