Signing up to a standard
Never mind about a data encryption standard. Two years after the Electronic Communications Act, Tim Travers says it is about time we set a digital signature standard
The July/August edition of Legal IT contained a feature urging law firms to join [the Identrus] data encryption standard. But what about law firms being urged to join an e-signature standard or, better still, to set the standard? Signing is a fundamental legal act. Without signatures, how much business or citizen activity could take place?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651