Asian newcomers size up an uncertain market
The jet lag flying from New York to Hong Kong is bad enough for a solo traveller. For a family with two young children in tow, it is an absolute killer."We slept through the night last night," says Yash Rana, sitting in his office in the IM Pei-designed Bank of China Tower less than a week after the fateful flight. "That was a treat."Rana has moved his family halfway around the world so he can take charge of Goodwin Procter's new Hong Kong office, which opened in November to become the Boston-based law firm's first overseas location.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651