Employment: Missing the points?
The Home Office minister for immigration and asylum, Liam Byrne, recently announced a new points-based system for immigrants that will come in to effect some time during 2008. This is the start of a five-year plan announced by the previous home secretary Charles Clarke and follows a massive restructuring of the Home Office and formation of a new Ministry of Justice following current Home Secretary John Reid's assertion that the Home Office was not "fit for purpose".
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651