The REIT approach to property revolution
The impending launch of the UK REIT promises to revolutionise the real estate market, resulting in significant returns for investors. Simon Clark and Tom Road outline the current situation and explain which companies will be eligible to convert
With the launch of the UK Real Estate Investment Fund (REIT) on 1 January, 2007, the property industry and its advisers are in the midst of an exciting period. Some companies are already well advanced in their preparation for conversion into a REIT. Others are considering whether to convert and, if so, what preparatory changes they should make to their business. All are carrying out research and adopting strategies so that the hopedfor benefits that the market anticipates from the introduction of REITs are exploited and any pitfalls avoided. But why all the excitement?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651