A federal jury in West Palm Beach, Fla., has awarded $5.5 million to the estate of a young West Palm Beach man who died from an overdose due to the malfunction of a popular prescription pain patch manufactured by two Johnson & Johnson subsidiaries.
In 1996, then 21-year-old Adam Hendelson shattered his hip in a car accident. Surgeons grafted a metal plate onto his hip with bolts and pins. His spine, back and hip were all degenerating, causing constant pain. In June 2003, he started using a prescription patch called Duragesic, which administers a powerful painkiller through the skin.
This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.
To view this content, please continue to their sites.
LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.
For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]