A federal judge has approved a $2 million settlement in a suit brought by the family of a Lancaster County boy who sustained brain damage when he was 23 months old after swallowing a toxic dose of a prescription drug that was dispensed in a non-childproof bottle.

According to the suit, Jayln Ruiz, now 5, suffered seizures and fell into a coma that lasted three weeks after he ingested pills from his great aunt’s prescription for Amoxapine — an antidepressant manufactured by Lederle Labs.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]