The Practical Benefits of Resolving Coverage Disputes through Mediation
This event is available for on-demand viewing. If you have previously registered click here to login using the email you registered with.
“A coverage dispute” is a wide net that broadly captures an array of issues encountered in the context of first-party claims, third-party claims and inter-insurer disputes – each of which, in turn, has various subsets, depending on the parties, policies, facts and damages in question.
Join this webcast as expert Richard P. Byrne discusses the unique issues attendant to confronting and addressing insurance coverage disputes – with particular attention paid to the practical benefits of resolving these disputes via mediation. This webcast will cover:
- Why Mediation is an advantageous means of resolving coverage disputes.
- The scenarios in which coverage issues may arise.
- The best methods to employ in working to resolve an insurance coverage dispute at Mediation.
- The impact /role of underlying litigation.
- Strategy and approach.
- How to avoid last minute surprises and overcoming impasse.
REGISTER NOW! (Not able to attend? STILL REGISTER you will receive an email with how to access the recording of the event)
|RICHARD P. BYRNE, ESQ. | Commercial Specialist | NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)
Richard P. Byrne, Esq. has been serving as a Mediator since Mediation first came on the horizon as a cost-effective means of resolving litigation and other disputes. He is well-respected professionally and has a reputation for bringing the most contentious disputes to full and final resolution. A strong proponent of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and a Certified Mediator with the United States District Court, Richard P. Byrne brings more than 25 years of ADR experience to NAM’s New York Metro panel of neutrals.
He has successfully mediated issues in a wide variety of specialty areas, including commercial disputes, employment discrimination claims, employment contract disputes, wage and hour/FLSA claims, construction matters, complex personal injury and property damage claims, insurance and reinsurance matters, risk transfer disputes and life, health and disability claims. His legal career of over 35 years brings an added dimension of expertise to the matters over which he presides.
Click here to read Richard’s full biography.
*Continuing Education Credits:
CLE credit is pending approval for this event.*
- 1.0 CLE Credit will be earned by ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who viewed this event for 50+ minutes.
- You must attend live.
- You must view the event for 50+ minutes.
- You cannot watch the program in a group if you wish to earn CLE credits.
- If you do choose to watch the event in a group, ensure that you are also logged in on your own personal device, under your log-in credentials, as we will need proof of your attendance. (Though it is highly recommended that you view the event from your own personal device).
- We have applied for CLE credit in the jurisdictions of NY, NJ, IL, and CA.
- If you are in NY or NJ, you will need to retain the CLE code which will be announced during the live webcast.
- If you are not in one of the listed jurisdictions, you may reach out to [email protected] after the live event for a certificate of attendance that you can submit to your CLE board.
- CLE certificates will not be available until 5 business days after the live event at which time you will receive an email letting you know that your CLE certificate is available to be downloaded.