Ashurst leads top 10 for partner diversity as stats show dearth of BAME lawyers among senior ranks
Newly compiled figures reveal UK's 10 largest law firms have on average just 7% black, Asian and minority ethnic UK partners
Ashurst has the highest percentage of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) UK partners of the country’s 10 largest law firms, according to new research, which also reveals that those firms have an average of just 7% of UK partners from minority ethnic backgrounds.
Figures provided to Legal Week by nine of the UK top 10 place Ashurst ahead of its peers on partner diversity, with 11% of the firm’s UK partners identifying as BAME in 2017.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651